Recipe by mandabears
Thick, garlicky broccoli puree wonderful on pasta. Full of flavor, not a lot of calories.
Top Review by Hot Pepper
On edit: I lowered the rating on this recipe. Originally I had suggested keeping the lid on the pan after adding broccoli, and of course I didn't read my own review. It turned out like a dry pesto and needed a bit more flavor, like lemon.
- 1 bunch broccoli, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut broccoli in flowerettes.
- Peel the stems and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Slowly saute garlic until it is slightly brown.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Mix water and garlic into a sauce.
- Let come to a boil.
- Add broccoli, cook stirring constantly until broccoli is cooked to almost a mushy stage.
- Add red pepper flakes.
- Puree sauce and serve over pasta.