Recipe by VickiAk
I made this recipe up, because we eat a lot of salmon during the year. I also have a garden during the summer. My family likes this and it use up the leftover salmon. You can freeze this.
Top Review by Chic Potato
Delicious! Cooked perfectly and had great texture. I followed the recipe almost exactly, except that I partially blind baked the crust and blanched the broccoli. Great recipe, I can't wait to make it again! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, cut in flowerets
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon (or leftover cooked salmon)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare bottom of 9-inch deep dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Line with pie pastry.
- Cover bottom of dish with broccoli flowerets, chunks of canned salmon, and sprinkle with cheese and chives; set aside. In medium bowl, beat eggs, whipping cream, cayenne, and dill until thoroughly combined. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until crust and eggs are lightly browned and quiche is puffy in center.