Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this recipe up, because we eat a lot of salmon during the year. I also have a garden during the summer. My family likes this and it use up the leftover salmon. You can freeze this.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, cut in flowerets
- 1 (16 ounce) can salmon (or leftover cooked salmon)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare bottom of 9-inch deep dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Line with pie pastry.
- Cover bottom of dish with broccoli flowerets, chunks of canned salmon, and sprinkle with cheese and chives; set aside. In medium bowl, beat eggs, whipping cream, cayenne, and dill until thoroughly combined. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until crust and eggs are lightly browned and quiche is puffy in center.
Delicious! Cooked perfectly and had great texture. I followed the recipe almost exactly, except that I partially blind baked the crust and blanched the broccoli. Great recipe, I can't wait to make it again! Thanks for sharing!