Prep 4 mins
Cook 3 mins
Very simple, Asian, and vegan as well!
- 4 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon oriental chili sauce or 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Blanch broccoli florets in hot salted water for about 3 minutes.
- Refresh in a bowl of iced water and drain.
- Whisk peanut butter with remaining ingredients in a bowl until a vinaigrette is formed.
- Add broccoli, toss, and serve.
Very good! I made it twice in one week as I had a lot of broccoli to use. I eliminated the oil and did not really measure the other ingredients, just mixed to taste and served over rice. Husband liked it too, will make it again. It is super quick and easy.
Good broccoli salad! I used twice the amount of broccoli listed in the recipe but kept the amount of sauce the same and it was just right. Also, I only blanched the florets for about a minute and a half because we like them very crisp tender. My husband who usually doesn't like broccoli, liked this very much. Thanks Mirj, we'll be doing this one again!
mmm yum yum! Didn't change a thing. Served this as a side dish. Brocolli and non-brocolli loveer liked this all the same. Thank you, it's a good recipe to keep at hand.