Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This wonderful salad is from the City Gardener's cookbook. Enjoy this recipe :-) Its absolutely delicious! prep time does not include minimum 1hr chill time.
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 1⁄2 green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- First you must lightly steam your broccoli until just tender*approx.
- 5 mins* Rinse under cold water, drain, and put it in a serving bowl.
- Add the tomatoes to the broccoli.
- Dressing: Combine green onions, lemon juice, yogurt, salt, tarragon, basil, and pepper.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss gently until well mixed.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving!
Tasty! The tarragon is an unusual taste in a salad, so it takes some getting used to. I'll definitely try this again and if it grows on me, I'll be back to give it more stars.
YUM-Oh - the fresh herbs made this dish and the beautiful red and green colors made a great presentation at the Christmas table - Thanks !
Made exactly as posted except I didn't have fresh tarragon so substituted with 1/2 teaspoon dried. It was interesting and colourful and the dressing was good but the tarragon did not blend with the other flavours. Perhaps due to the dried herb? HOWEVER, because I love tarragon with chicken, I mixed the leftover salad with leftover chicken pasta (posted as "Quick Fix Chicken 'n Chutney Pasta")and WOW the result was astoundingly good. Thank you L4C, the credit for this belongs to you.