Recipe by DailyInspiration
From Southern Living Magazine. Salad includes broccoli, chopped apples, dried cherries and pine nuts tossed with blue cheese, lemon juice and low-fat mayo and sour cream. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 (4 ounce) package blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or less, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups gala apples (1 large)
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat pine nuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 4-5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- Whisk together blue cheese crumbles and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl; add broccoli, apple, and cherries, gently tossing to coat. Cover and chill 2-8 hours; stir in toasted pine nuts just before serving.