Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This morning, my DH harvested our broccoli. So I decided to make this salad. It is such a pretty dish. The dressing is amazingly delicious and is perfect for a light summer meal. I didn't add the 1/2 cup soy milk to the salad because I liked the dressing just as it is. I served this with a side of lightly steamed asparagus with crumbled goat cheese on top.
For the salad
- 3 heads organic broccoli (coarse chop)
- 1⁄2 sweet organic onion (coarse chop)
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries (dried)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (raw)
- 1 red organic bell pepper (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk (Silk-plain)
- 3⁄4 cup coleslaw dressing (see below)
- 3⁄4 cup turkey bacon (cut into cubes)
For the coleslaw dressing
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard (I used stone ground)
- salt and pepper
- For the Dressing:.
- In a measuring cup, mix the lime juice and soy milk together and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bigger container, and add the mayo, agave, mustard and salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- For the Salad:.
- Cook your turkey bacon until just crispy. Put it into the fridge for later.
- Toss the broccoli, onion, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and red pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix in the 1/2 cup soy milk (if using) with the salad dressing and add to the salad until salad is slightly moist.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour to let the flavours soak into the veggies.
- Sprinkle the bacon on top before serving.
- Bon Appetit!