This is a cold salad with a lightly sweetened dressing. I created it after sampling a similar salad at a party. I made it "kid friendly"- no onion, nothing really strong in it. As a result, my kids love it- want it in their lunchboxes, etc... It is easily modified by using optional raisins, real sugar instead of artificial sweetener, using peanuts instead of cashews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a good size pot (6 quart or larger) of boiling water, place the florets of broccoli and cook until water just reaches a boil again. This will result in tender-crisp broccoli.
- 2Once water reaches a boil, remove broccoli from heat and dump into a colander.
- 3Douse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- 4In a bowl, mix the mayo, cream and Splenda.
- 5Stir in the nuts and bacon (and optional raisins).
- 6Lightly toss in the broccoli.
- 7Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper, a little extra mayo, Splenda or cream if needed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Salad With Cashews Low Carb
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.6
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 300.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g