Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a cold salad with a lightly sweetened dressing. I created it after sampling a similar salad at a party. I made it "kid friendly"- no onion, nothing really strong in it. As a result, my kids love it- want it in their lunchboxes, etc... It is easily modified by using optional raisins, real sugar instead of artificial sweetener, using peanuts instead of cashews.
- In a good size pot (6 quart or larger) of boiling water, place the florets of broccoli and cook until water just reaches a boil again. This will result in tender-crisp broccoli.
- Once water reaches a boil, remove broccoli from heat and dump into a colander.
- Douse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- In a bowl, mix the mayo, cream and Splenda.
- Stir in the nuts and bacon (and optional raisins).
- Lightly toss in the broccoli.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper, a little extra mayo, Splenda or cream if needed.
Outstanding! My husband loves broccoli and I'm always looking for new recipes using this wonderful vegetable. The only change I made was using regular sugar instead of splenda to our taste. Thank you for posing this great tasting recipe!
A great tasting salad, & with raisins in it, too [right up my alley]! I did cut the bacon to 4 slices then was better able to adjust the saltiness at the end! Very, very nice! Thanks for the recipe post!