Recipe by BakinBaby
Broccoli in a light dijon vinegrette. The Black Olives and Feta give it a unique flavor and since you use the stems of the broccoli there is little waste. I found this at an organice vegetable site. Sometimes I use more olives, personal taste.
Top Review by ~SarahBeth~
This salad is absolutely amazing! It is so light and refreshing but still substantial! I took the chef's recommendation and added more olives because I too love them! Thanks for a great salad! Made for Newest Zaar Tag!
- 1 lb broccoli (stems peeled & cut in 1/4-inch slices and remaining into florets)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives (Kalamata sliced in half)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (sliced thin)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (sliced thin)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 2-3 min, drain, set aside.
- Whisk together vinegar,mustard,garlic and olive oil.
- Combine vegetables and olives in a medium sized bowl, toss in dressing.
- You can add the crumbled feta cheese now, or serve on top of salad at serving time, I like to add feta at serving time.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Salad can be served immediately, or refrigerated until ready to serve, this salad stores well and is still nice and crispy for a few days in the frig.