1/4 Photos of Broccoli Salad With Black Olives and Feta Cheese
Broccoli in a light dijon vinegrette. The Black Olives and Feta give it a unique flavor and since you use the stems of the broccoli there is little waste. I found this at an organice vegetable site. Sometimes I use more olives, personal taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb broccoli (stems peeled & cut in 1/4-inch slices and remaining into florets)
- 1/2 cup black olives (Kalamata sliced in half)
- 1/2 cup celery (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1Cook broccoli in boiling water for 2-3 min, drain, set aside.
- 2Whisk together vinegar,mustard,garlic and olive oil.
- 3Combine vegetables and olives in a medium sized bowl, toss in dressing.
- 4You can add the crumbled feta cheese now, or serve on top of salad at serving time, I like to add feta at serving time.
- 5Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- 6Salad can be served immediately, or refrigerated until ready to serve, this salad stores well and is still nice and crispy for a few days in the frig.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Salad With Black Olives and Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.6
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 678.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 9.4 g