Recipe by Sharlene~W
A favorite salad I tasted at a pot luck and had to have the recipe!
Top Review by Leta
This is a wonderful salad! I was so excited to find the recipe. The funny thing is, I too ate it for the first time at a pot luck and said, "I have to have that recipe!" But I couldn't find the person who made it (there were about 200 people there) so I came here looking for it. I omitted the raisins since noone here really cares for them, but other than that I followed the recipe as written. Served it as a side with BBQ Ribs and Corn on the Cob. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and cut the whole broccoli into small pieces.
- Use all of the broccoli except the end chunks.
- Mix together broccoli, onion, sunflower seeds, raisins and mushrooms.
- Make the dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.
- Twenty minutes before serving the salad, toss and then toss again with the bacon and the dressing.