Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is another recipe that my sister and I came up with for our home study group. The tartness of the dressing and the sweetness of the fruit make a wonderful combination. We found, for us anyway, that by adding a little Miracle Whip to the dressing we could cut down on the amount of sugar.
Top Review by techilady
This was a great salad. I used Olive oil-mayo instead of regular mayo, and it turned out great! I wondered if I would miss the cheese since I think cheese goes with everything, but I did not. Thanks for sharing this!
- 946.36 ml broccoli, floweretts cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small purple onion, slices (about 1/2 cup)
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml apricot, cut into bite size pieces
- 118.29 ml toasted pecans
- 29.58-44.37 ml bacon bits (optional but highly recommended for garnish)
- 59.14 ml Miracle Whip
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml sugar or 14.79 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 22.18 ml rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the vinegar, mayo, miracle whip and sugar and mix well.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except nuts and bacon bits and mix with the dressing.
- Mix in the bacon bits and pecans just before serving.
- Chill before serving for about 30 minutes.
- Fell free to add additional fruit to taste.