1/6 Photos of Broccoli Salad With Apricots
This is another recipe that my sister and I came up with for our home study group. The tartness of the dressing and the sweetness of the fruit make a wonderful combination. We found, for us anyway, that by adding a little Miracle Whip to the dressing we could cut down on the amount of sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups broccoli, floweretts cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small purple onion, slices (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup apricot, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 2 -3 tablespoons bacon bits (optional but highly recommended for garnish)
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2Mix together the vinegar, mayo, miracle whip and sugar and mix well.
- 3Combine the remaining ingredients except nuts and bacon bits and mix with the dressing.
- 4Mix in the bacon bits and pecans just before serving.
- 5Chill before serving for about 30 minutes.
- 6Fell free to add additional fruit to taste.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Salad With Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.7
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 432.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 6.1 g