Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another recipe that my sister and I came up with for our home study group. The tartness of the dressing and the sweetness of the fruit make a wonderful combination. We found, for us anyway, that by adding a little Miracle Whip to the dressing we could cut down on the amount of sugar.
- 4 cups broccoli, floweretts cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small purple onion, slices (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup apricot, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans
- 2 -3 tablespoons bacon bits (optional but highly recommended for garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Mix together the vinegar, mayo, miracle whip and sugar and mix well.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except nuts and bacon bits and mix with the dressing.
- Mix in the bacon bits and pecans just before serving.
- Chill before serving for about 30 minutes.
- Fell free to add additional fruit to taste.
This was a great salad. I used Olive oil-mayo instead of regular mayo, and it turned out great! I wondered if I would miss the cheese since I think cheese goes with everything, but I did not. Thanks for sharing this!
Wow, what a great recipe! I didn't have all the ingredients on hand and it was still great! Substituted almonds, cooking onion, mayo and apple cider vinegar. Can't wait to try it with all the correct ingredients!! Thanks for a new addition to my repertoire!
Delicious, i added toasted almonds and Philly cream cheese - cooking cream........beautiful