Recipe by Misa
Being the only person in my house that likes broccoli salad, this recipe fits the bill. Very simple - most of the prep time is refrigeration time.
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
This is really nice, especially with the cranberries! Very interesting salad. Great flavors, great ingredients, great recipe! Thanks for sharing, Misa. Made for Go For The Green event at KK's forum!
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (low-fat works just fine)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Start off by making the dressing. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Mix until the sugar is completely dissolved, and the dressing is smooth.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients. Keep the bowl covered, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir the salad again, before serving.