Prep 2 hrs 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Being the only person in my house that likes broccoli salad, this recipe fits the bill. Very simple - most of the prep time is refrigeration time.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (low-fat works just fine)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Start off by making the dressing. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Mix until the sugar is completely dissolved, and the dressing is smooth.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients. Keep the bowl covered, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir the salad again, before serving.
This is really nice, especially with the cranberries! Very interesting salad. Great flavors, great ingredients, great recipe! Thanks for sharing, Misa. Made for Go For The Green event at KK's forum!
I made this up and ate it so fast I forgot to take a photo! I used veggie bacon bits and really enjoyed this! Yum. Thanks! Made for KK's Chef's pick game.
Nice recipe! I love this salad, but sometimes want to use part of my broccoli head for other things. I do use less mayo, and have used balsamic and raspberry balsamic vinegar instead of white.