Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Its that time of the year when it gets hot you dont want to cook and this salad is so perfect. Very good and dont have to work over a hot stove. Cook time is for bacon only, the rest is a breeze.
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 package maple flavored bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup salted shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- In large bowl combine broccoli, grapes, bacon, and sunflower seeds, set aside.
- In small bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar.
- Stir in enough milk to make dressing of desired consistency.
- Toss dressing with broccoli mixture, and cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Halving 3 cups of grapes to me is not so easy but I really like this recipe. My kids nibbled and didn't totally rule this out. Maybe when they are a little older. I had it for lunch the next day and it is a good summertime dish.