Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe, slightly adapted from Cooking Light, is full of fresh flavor. The mix of broccoli with celery, raisins, grapes, and sunflower seeds adds color and texture. Quick to prepare, it keeps well and can definitely be made ahead. Hope you enjoy it!
- 4 cups small broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted sunflower seed kernels
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Cut broccoli florets into small bite-sized pieces. Combine with grapes, celery, raisins, and sunflower seed kernels.
- Mix mayonnaise with remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour dressing over the broccoli mix, and toss well. Chill for 1 hour minimum.
Delicious. My family couldn't get past the raw broccoli aspect, and I can't help them other than to offer these wonderful ingredients and dressing! Thanks, quikgourmet, for a tasty and healthful salad! Made for PAC Fall '09.