Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adds a little freshness to your football party or any get together. Recipe is from Sunset Magazine.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh broccoli
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 bacon, slices thick (cooked and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, minced
- Remove and discard large leaves and tough ends of stalks from broccoli. Peel and coarsely chop stems; coarsely chop florets.
- Process cream cheese and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add broccoli; pulse 12 to 15 times or until finely chopped. Fold bacon and remaining ingredients into cream cheese mixture. Serve immediately, or chill up to 3 days.
I made half of the recipe using about 1.5 Tbsp of the vinegar to keep the mix pretty thick. I used it as an open face sandwich sprinkling the cheese, nuts and red onion on top. It was really yummy on lightly toasted rye bread and Recipe #356135 on the side. I might mention too, that I used 95% fat free cream cheese and 0% fat Liberte Greek yogurt and 1 tsp Splenda for the sugar. Thank you Nancy for a great recipe.
This was great salad/dip!!! I only made 1/2 of the recipe and it still made a bowl full of dip!!! I served it with celery, carrots and wafer crackers, as our appetizer before our BBQ lunch. My son's girlfriend really enjoyed the dip and thought it was much better then the standard broccoli/bacon salads. The only changes I made was to sub toasted slivered almonds and a fat-free Greek yogurt. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!