Recipe by DailyInspiration
Adds a little freshness to your football party or any get together. Recipe is from Sunset Magazine.
Top Review by Annacia
I made half of the recipe using about 1.5 Tbsp of the vinegar to keep the mix pretty thick. I used it as an open face sandwich sprinkling the cheese, nuts and red onion on top. It was really yummy on lightly toasted rye bread and Recipe #356135 on the side. I might mention too, that I used 95% fat free cream cheese and 0% fat Liberte Greek yogurt and 1 tsp Splenda for the sugar. Thank you Nancy for a great recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh broccoli
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 bacon, slices thick (cooked and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove and discard large leaves and tough ends of stalks from broccoli. Peel and coarsely chop stems; coarsely chop florets.
- Process cream cheese and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add broccoli; pulse 12 to 15 times or until finely chopped. Fold bacon and remaining ingredients into cream cheese mixture. Serve immediately, or chill up to 3 days.