Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great salad recipe that I got from a co-worker. Everyone asks for the recipe and there is usually none left over. Tastes even better the next day.
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 1 jar hormel real bacon bits
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Toss all ingredients together.
- Pour mixed and chilled dressing over and toss again.
- I like to put the mandarin oranges on last, after the dressing, so they don't break up too much.
- I sort of fold them in gently when serving.
Yum! This was absolutely delicious. I was skeptical about the bacon bits, but they made the salad taste soooo good! I blanched the broccoli for a few seconds before mixing up the salad and I used low fat mayo and it was perfect. Thanks!
WOW! I found this salad while looking for the recipe for the standard broccoli salad I usually make, and decided to try it on a whim since I had the ingreadients. The addition of mandarin oranges makes it goooooood! It is really a nice different touch. I used pecans like another reviewer, since that is what I had. Thanks for posting this keeper recipe, Meg. I will use it again!
This recipe is much like the one I was going to post. Mine calls for 3/4 C mayonnaise, no mandarin oranges, and slivered almonds instead of walnuts. I know the recipe I have is great, so I'm going to try this one too. I was right, this is a great salad. I've made it a few times now, and we love it!