Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad is quick to put together and goes with just about everything.
- 3 -4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Combine broccoli, onion, cheese, pecans, and bacon in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar.
- Toss dressing into broccoli mixture.
I make this quite a bit. I prefer red onions in this, sometimes use sunflower seeds, and sometimes leave out the cheese. Very easy to put together, and very tasty. I do cut the sugar down a bit, but have also been known to double everything except the dressing as I prefer it to be drier. It is a very forgiving salad, and always tasty.
This is just so good! I could live on this for a while quite easily. I used 1 large head of broccoli, about 3 cups sliced, and 1 red onion, sliced. 1 tbs of sugar just might be enough for us.
This was very good tasting and easy, too. It did need a little more dressing. I followed the recipe exactly! Thanks for a good recipe.