Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This has been a potluck standby for me for years - it's always been a big hit. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 2 bunches broccoli, chopped into small pieces (I usually buy two bags of the precut broccoli florets)
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4-1 cup raisins
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Prepare this salad 24 hours before you plan to serve it.
- Mix broccoli, bacon, raisins and green onions together.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, milk, red wine vinegar and sugar together; blend until smooth.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over broccoli mixture and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours; stir mixture 5 times during the 24 hours and stir again just before serving.
This is great! Exactly what I was looking for in a broccoli salad. Very easy and tasty. So much better than what I buy at the deli. Thanks for posting.
This was a great salad! I did change a few things. I used yellow onion instead of green(it's all I had), added a little Velveeta cheese crumbles and used bacon bits. And I also used balsamic vinegar in place of red wine. Loved it! Thanks Bunkie!