Recipe by bunkie68
This has been a potluck standby for me for years - it's always been a big hit. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 2 bunches broccoli, chopped into small pieces (I usually buy two bags of the precut broccoli florets)
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4-1 cup raisins
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare this salad 24 hours before you plan to serve it.
- Mix broccoli, bacon, raisins and green onions together.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, milk, red wine vinegar and sugar together; blend until smooth.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over broccoli mixture and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours; stir mixture 5 times during the 24 hours and stir again just before serving.