Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend from work brought this to a pot luck lunch and the women I work with all raved about it. This was such a hit, we all asked for the recipe. Now it's my turn to share it. My husband and I are diabetic, so I've substituted Splenda for white sugar and lowfat mayo instead of regular mayonaise. It's yummy either way you prepare it. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix mayo, sugar, vinegar and pepper.
- Pour over diced broccoli and onions just before serving.
- Add sunflower seeds and bacon.
- Mix well.
- This salad doesn't keep well after the sunflower seeds have been added.
- So, it's best to add them last.
- We are diabetic, so"Splenda" is used in place of sugar.
- This salad will disappear lickety-split!
Well, laura, I did use the lowfat and Splenda and it was still good. I subbed toasted pine nuts for the sunflower seeds. It will keep for days but alas, I don't have any leftovers.
this is a great salad! but never use the low fat, or splenda. you can not miss with this one! ths