Recipe by BeachGirl
Although my DH doesn't like broccoli, he LOVES this salad and requests it often. He swears it doesn't taste like broccoli. A very tasty combination of flavors that is popular at potluck suppers.
Top Review by Nat Da Brat
This is a wonderful salad. I used real mayo,real grated parmesean, 10 slices crispy cooked bacon and regular sugar.I used cider vinegar, because that's what I had and added salt and pepper. Will be making this often this summer, it's delicious.
- 6 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 8 slices bacon, fried crispy crumbled (I use 1/3 cup Oscar Mayer or Hormel real bacon pieces)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 12 packets Equal sugar substitute
- 2 -4 tablespoons distilled vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar to make a dressing.
- Place all salad ingredients in large bowl and pour dressing over them.
- Stir to mix well.
- Keeps for several days.
- DIABETICS: When making the dressing, substitute Equal for the sugar and low-fat mayo for the regular stuff, or to suite your menu plan.
- If needed, reduce the amount of raisins.