Although my DH doesn't like broccoli, he LOVES this salad and requests it often. He swears it doesn't taste like broccoli. A very tasty combination of flavors that is popular at potluck suppers.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 8 slices bacon, fried crispy crumbled (I use 1/3 cup Oscar Mayer or Hormel real bacon pieces)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Mix mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar to make a dressing.
- 2Place all salad ingredients in large bowl and pour dressing over them.
- 3Stir to mix well.
- 5Keeps for several days.
- 6DIABETICS: When making the dressing, substitute Equal for the sugar and low-fat mayo for the regular stuff, or to suite your menu plan.
- 7If needed, reduce the amount of raisins.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Salad
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.6
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 414.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g