This is a cool recipe for a hot summer day!
Make and share this Broccoli Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags broccoli florets
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled, reserve drippings
- 1 1⁄2 large red onions, diced in med size pieces
- 1 cup unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon granulated sugar (amount depending on taste)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups Miracle Whip (just enough to give it the creamy consistency)
- Cut the broccoli crowns into bite size pieces. Add the onions. Toss well. Chill. Add the hot bacon drippings and crumbled bacon. Toss well again. Add the sugar and vinegar. Toss. Add the sunflower seeds, craisins, and raisins. Mix until all ingredients are well distributed. Begin adding the miracle whip. Continue mixing the salad and adding miracle whip until you acquire the right consistency. Let salad chill in the refrigerator for a couple hour to let all the flavors marry. It is even better the next day. Enjoy!