Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This broccoli salad recipe is a little different than others I've seen - but it's hearty and tasty! From "Fit For A King - The Elvis Presley Cookbook"....
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Drain and rinse the kidney beans. Chop the onion.
- Combine the beans, onions, raisins, sugar and vinegar in a large salad bowl. Blend in the mayonnaise. Add the broccoli and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.
This was a nice twist on the regular broccoli salad and I enjoyed it. I did add some roasted sunflower seeds. Thanks! Made for PRMR.
Great salad. I have made this several times and it always turns out to be a winner. I didn't have any kidney beans last time but it was fine. Thanks for posting !
This is very similar to broccoli salads I have had in the past with the exception of having kidney beans in it instead of bacon. I added about 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds and used golden raisins. I took this to a birthday luncheon at work and everyone LOVED it. I like that it is made healthier with the addition of the fiber from the kidney beans. I will be making this dish often in the future. Made for PAC Spring 2013.