Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of those dishes with a really weird combination of ingredients that tastes absolutely fantastic. It has always been a big hit at buffets & potlucks.
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1⁄2 cup skinless sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cooked and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Combine salad ingredients in medium size bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Pour over salad & mix well.
- Marinate in covered container for 5- 6 hours or overnight.
- Keeps for 2- 3 days.
This salad was very good! I used the grapes and they imparted a nice sweet juice to the dressing. I used bacon bits and a mixture of cauliflower and broccoli. I used scallions in place of the red onions. Thanks for a lovely lunch!
This is surprisingly good. Better with every bite. My friend made it using raisins instead of grapes. Delicious, and pretty! Thank you.
I have made this delicious salad many times but never got around to rating it!! It is too die for and so easy to put together ... it has been a hit every time I bring it to functions. I didn't change one thing!! Thanks so much for sharing CountryLady. :-)