Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is my aunt's recipe. Always a big hit at bbqs! (If you're not a fan of bacon leave it out; it still tastes great.)
- 4 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3⁄4-1 cup raisins
- 6 -8 slices bacon, chopped (or 2-3 tablespoons bacon bits)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together.
- It's best if you refridgerate at least 2 hours before serving.
I don't raw broccoli but I decided to try this recipe because of all the other ingredients. And finally I loved it. My boyfriend doesn't like cause he finds it too sweet. But for me that's perfect. I also fried up my own bacon. I used light mayonnaise. Thanks Funfetti :) Made for PAC Spring 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
As convenient as packaged bacon bits are, I fried up my own bacon, but used just 3 slices! That, along with the raisins, gave this salad a great new taste twist for us & WE REALLY ENJOYED IT! Thanks for sharing this keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]