Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great to bring with you to a picnic. It's a favorite of mine!
- 2 heads broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, slice as small as you like
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (I like to use the golden raisins, but use what you have)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (rice vinegar is good)
- Make dressing two hours ahead and refrigerate.
- Toss dressing with the salad mixture and eat!
- This is so yummy, so enjoy!
This is a great salad! I didn't have any sunflower seeds so I just omitted them. I used Raspberry Bisamic vinegar.
yum.....this is my favorite way to eat broccoli. I've made this several times, and vary it sometimes. Cashews instead of sunflower seeds, craisins instead of raisins. I use fat free Miracle Whip, and Splenda instead of sugar, so its guilt=free!
You talk about delicious! I printed the recipe and had my daughter put it together. She make one change and it had to do with what we had on hand - she used slivered almonds instead of sunflower seeds. The dressing was perfect. I don't normally like raw broccoli but no problem. Thanks