This is a delicious easy to make recipe that my grandmother and mom have been making for years. It's really good with just about any main course and is a nice variation from a lot of typical salads. I've included the original recipe per my grandmother although I omit the purple onion as I don't care for it too much. In addition, we often substitute a 2 tablespoon equivalent of Splenda for the sugar as my wife is diabetic. Duke's or Hellman's mayonnaise works best for this recipe. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups fresh uncooked broccoli, chopped into 1 inch pieces (equivalent of 1 bunch)
- 8 slices bacon, well done & crumbled (easy cook bacon works just fine)
- 1 small purple onion, diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1In a medium mixing bowl, combine chopped broccoli, bacon, onion, and cheddar cheese.
- 2In a small bowl, mix vinegar and sugar using a wire whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add mayonnaise and continue to whisk together until uniform in mixture.
- 3Keep salad and dressing chilled, and pour dressing over salad mixture just prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Salad
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.9
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 904.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: