Recipe by WaCookinFool
Tasty family recipe with a secret ingredient, powdered sugar. This is much requested at potlucks and family gatherings. Very quick and easy to make. Courtesy of my Aunt June.
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut broccoli florets from stem.
- Discard stem.
- Cut florets into smaller pieces and add to large bowl.
- Add chopped red onion.
- Combine mayonnaise, powdered sugar and wine vinegar in a separate bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add dressing to the broccoli and combine.
- Add sunflower seeds, bacon and raisins.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving.
- If the salad seems too "dry" for the amount of broccoli, make a half batch of the dressing ingredients and mix into the salad for an extra creamy batch.
- You may substitute craisins in place of the raisins.