Recipe by bert
This is especially nice for a buffet or a summer luncheon.
Top Review by Rise`
Bert, thank you so much for this recipe...I have SO much broccoli right now that this was great to come across. I made it last night, I was only able to let it sit for about an hour and a half so I can't wait to try the small amount of leftover today! The only thing I didn't have on hand were the celery seeds, but to me this was great even without! Thanks again...with all my broccoli, I'll probably make this again this weekend!
- 3 bunches fresh broccoli (small)
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, slices
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar or 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash broccoli and break into florets.
- Mix with mushrooms and onions in a sturdy plastic bag.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and pour over vegetables, coating all.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Drain off excess liquid before serving.