Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dressing can be made well ahead to give the sugar a chance to dissolve. I usually clean the broccoli the day before which helps to cut down on the prep time when doing it all in one day. The broccoli is the only ingredient that requires time to prepare. Recipe can be doubled, just be sure to make enough dressing.
- 3 broccoli, heads (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 5 -10 pieces crisp bacon, crumbled (Baco's do not work)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds (I use unsalted)
Dressing (best to add just prior to serving)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (low-cal will not be the same)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (optional) or 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard (optional)
- Put all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and pour on the dressing.
- Mix well.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator, but is best served within an hour or two while ingredients are still crunchy.
Wonderful!!! The whole family loves this one. I did only make a couple of changes. I added craisins instead of golden raisins and added red seedless grapes sliced in half!!! The dressing is so simple and yet tastes complex with all other ingredients together!!! Thank you for posting this one!! Definately a keeper for me!!
This is my favorite salad in the entire world. There's just something about the creamy/crunchy/sweet thing going on that makes this addictive. I usually leave out the sunflower seeds and occassionally add chopped pecans to this. Sooooooo good.
This salad is terrific and if you use Splenda instead of sugar, you can have it on a low carb diet. It satisfies because its a lot to chew! Thank you, thank you!!