Recipe by dojemi
Dressing can be made well ahead to give the sugar a chance to dissolve. I usually clean the broccoli the day before which helps to cut down on the prep time when doing it all in one day. The broccoli is the only ingredient that requires time to prepare. Recipe can be doubled, just be sure to make enough dressing.
Top Review by Amy V
Wonderful!!! The whole family loves this one. I did only make a couple of changes. I added craisins instead of golden raisins and added red seedless grapes sliced in half!!! The dressing is so simple and yet tastes complex with all other ingredients together!!! Thank you for posting this one!! Definately a keeper for me!!
- 3 broccoli, heads (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 5 -10 pieces crisp bacon, crumbled (Baco's do not work)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds (I use unsalted)
Dressing (best to add just prior to serving)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (low-cal will not be the same)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (optional) or 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard (optional)