Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Broccoli, red grapes, bacon and almonds. With a hint of curry. One of my favorite salads.
- 4 -5 cups broccoli (florets broken into small pieces)
- 2 cups grapes (red, seedless and cut in half)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (fried crispy and broken up)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (slivered)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (can use miracle whip)
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder (mild)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- In bowl add broccoli, grapes, crisp bacon and slivered almonds. Toss.
- In another bowl add dressing ingredients. Mix well.
- When ready to serve combined salad and dressing, Mix well.
Oh-My-Goodness :) This is the Ultimate broccoli salad. The curry just puts this right to the front of the class. The addition of grapes is fantastic. I'm just so used to dried cranberries in there that this really took me by surprise....pleasantly too. I did reduce the amount of sugar by half, and only used enough dressing to lightly coat. Calee, this will be my 'go-to' recipe. Thank you so much for posting. Simply amazing!!! Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition.
Tip: Use 25% of the sugar this recipe calls for. Broccoli Salad is a family favorite, but I made the mistake of not calling my mother for the recipe, and instead looked it up online. Apparently she uses very little sugar in her version. Moral of the story: Call your Mother!
Easy recipe to put together. Great combination of flavors. Went light on the curry and we were glad we did. Used Miracle Whip light to reduce a few calories. It was light, crisp, and refreshing. Will do it again.