Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy salad
- 1 (12 ounce) packet mixed salad greens
- 500 g broccoli florets
- 6 slices streaky bacon, rashers chopped
- 1 red apple, cored and halved
- 1⁄2 lemon juice
- 200 g feta cheese, cubed
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- Wash the salad leaves and shake or pat dry. Rinse the broccoli florets and blanch in boiling water for 3 minutes, then drop in cold water and drain well.
- Fry the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Brush the cut sides of the apple with lemon juice, and slice into thin slices.
- Mix together vinegar, garlic salt pepper and oil. Put all the other salad ingredients, into bowl or onto a plate and drizzle with dressing. Toss together and serve.