Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My sister in law made this for a family gathering. I was so impressed that I bugged her for the recipe. I did lighten it up a bit for those of us eating healthier. Don't worry not all of my recipies are sinless. Enjoy!
- 1 -2 head broccoli (florets)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (kernels)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 lb turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Put all of the ingredients from broccoli to chopped red onions in a bowl and mix them up.
- In another bowl mix sauce ingredients.
- Pour over vegetable mixture and mix well.
- The sugar masks the fact that you are using fat free products.
Made this for hubby's office party, and they all but licked the bowl and asked for the recipe. Thanks for posting!!
I made this to take to a barbeque this past weekend. I didn't have mayo, so had to use Miracle Whip. I cut the sugar back to 1/3 cup, but should've cut back a bit more because it was still too sweet and ended up having to add more sour cream. I subbed craisins for raisins and added a bit of shredded old cheddar. What a yummy salad! Everyone loved it and I was sad to see that there was very little left over for me to take home because I enjoyed it so much! Thanks for a great recipe!
I love eating broccoli like this! Raw broccoli is healthy too. I too used balsamic vinegar, and added a few crumbles of Velveeta cheese. No one else will eat this so I get it all to myself! ;) Thanks Amber!