Recipe by Derf
Tasty way to serve broccoli. Warm or cold. From Cooking Light
Top Review by yooper
I made this the night before and served it cold. I thought the flavors were a little off, maybe it was the combo of the dijon mustard and red wine vinegar. It might have been better served hot. I noticed my dinner guests didn't help take second helpings. If I make this again, next time I will try to serve it hot.
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli stems
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam broccoli, covered, 6 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Drain, place in a large serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and next 3 ingredients (onions through garlic), saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vinegar, Dijon, water, pepper and salt.
- Stir with a whisk until blended.
- Drizzle over broccoli, tossing gently to coat.