Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another variation of broccoli salad.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- 2 heads broccoli, washed and cut into bite sized flowerets
- 1 cup chopped purple onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cashew pieces
- 1 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese (can use mild cheddar or any cheese)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl toss together all the salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well to coat evenly.
Yummers! I was skeptical of the ingredients, but I've been wanting to venture out with my tastes & this certainly pleased. I eliminated the mushrooms, because I abhor :-) them. Everything else was made as listed & we all loved it.
Wow, Parsley, this one needs a better name, like "Give me more Broccoli Salad". YUM! My family all enjoyed this a lot, even my son, who typically won't eat his veggies in a salad form. I kind of thought that he would with the mandarin oranges in there. I did make some changes because of my limited kitchen right now. I used fat free mayo, cut the sugar down to 1/4 cup, used green onion rather than purple, and replaced the mushrooms with raisins like another mentioned. I think the dressing would also be amazing on a pea salad. I'll definitely be using this recipe many many times! Thank you!
I scaled this recipe down, and loved it! I had to leave out the mushrooms, as they had turned brown. Also the cahsews had been nabbed by my kids. Loved the mildly sweet flavor of the oranges. Great salad!