Recipe by carolinafan
I love broccoli salad and the different ways to prepare them. This is another one. I have prepared it with or without the pimento.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small green peppers or 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 slices crisp cooked bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, cheese, carrots, bell pepper, onion and pimiento.
- For dressing, in a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, sour cream and sugar.
- Add to broccoli mixture; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
- Serve in a lettuce lined bowl if desired.