Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is always a HIT with guests. I make this everytime we have a get together and the bowl is always left empty!!
- 1 -2 head fresh broccoli (do not use frozen!)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook bacon (I make it easy and buy the already cooked bacon in the refrigerator section) and crumble into pieces.
- Chop up top of broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Mix broccoli, onions, bacon and mozzarella in large bowl.
- In separate bowl combine vinegar, sugar and mayo.
- Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Best if made a day ahead.
My mother-in-law taught me to make this! And boy is it good. She adds raisens,apples,and chopped walnuts to it. I know that sounds strange but it is really good!
Very good recipe. I found a 1 lb. bag of 'broccoli slaw' in the produce section so I used that instead of the 1 to 2 heads of broccoli. This is a good 'base' recipe to which you can add many things. I added seedless purple grapes and sliced almonds.
I served this to a friend who doesn't like any vegetables and she absolutely loved it. How can you not like something with mayonnaise and sugar poured over it? I left out the cheese and added raisins and roasted sunflower seeds. YUM.