Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy and full of great flavor from the broccoli being roasted with garlic spiciness and smokiness from the chipotles and creaminess from the pine nuts. Keep in mind if you don't use seasoned salt and use regular salt you don't need so much.
- 2 lbs broccoli, washed, tough stalks peeled, and rough chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, Smokey Seasoned Salt
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, Seeded and minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the broccoli in a roasting pan so all will be 1 layer. Mix all the remaining ingredients together then pour over the broccoli.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes. Toss and return to oven for 10 more minutes give an other toss for 5 -10 more minutes.
I live out of the States so things like chipotle peppers are hard to find so I left them out. It still turned out really good.
Delicious side to our grilled chicken! I subbed Tabasco 'Chipotle' Sauce for convenience, tried 'Durango' smoked salt but most importantly scattered the pine nuts on top of the broccoli mixture the last 6 minutes of cooking. Otherwise they would have burnt. Interesting combination of flavors! Reviewed for Veg Tag/May.
Made as directed and this was very good. It did get a bit too brown in the specified temp/time. So I'd reduce one or the other. Very unique and delicious recipe. Thanks for sharing! Made for Best of 2012 Game.