Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is really good and a great way to get the kids to eat broccoli !!
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 24 Ritz crackers (1 full tube, 24 is approx, I just guessed for the recipe)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- Par boil the broccoli for approx 5-10 minutes, (Still"crispy", you dont want it mushy).
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces and put in 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix mushroom soup, mayonaise, onion, eggs, cheese and seasonings together.
- Pour over broccoli.
- Top with crushed Ritz Crackers.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes uncovered.
Wonderful!!!This easly replaced my usual green bean casserole! All 10 of us enjoyed it.I used 2 (10oz.) packages of frozen petite broccoli flowerettes, otherwise followed the recipe to a T. Thanks a ton!
I added some chicken & omitted the onions and mixed the broccoli together with the sauce before sprinkling the crackers on top. Great recipe! Thanks
Great combination of flavors. A little too on the "southern side" for my tastes. This is a very heavy casserole that is definitely worthy of being the main course and not a side dish :) Thanks Pvt Amys Mom for the recipe!