Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a variation of the ones posted. It makes a large pan but can be easily halfed. For the topping you may want to add the melted butter one stick at a time to your taste...some people think four sticks makes it too buttery.
- 3 head broccoli
- 340.19 g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 453.59 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (453.59 g) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Ritz cracker (four tubes)
- 453.59 g butter or 453.59 g margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook broccoli to beginning tender, drain and place in 9x13 pan.
- Place sliced mushrooms over broccoli.
- Place water chestnuts over sliced mushrooms.
- Sprinkle cheese over vegetables.
- Melt margarine/butter.
- Smash crackers and mix with melted margarine/butter.
- Place cracker mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes - 1 hour.
I did have the recipe without any problem. It still fit into a 9 x 13 pan. It was quite tasty and a little crunchy with the water chestnuts. I only used 1 stick of butter and it was just fine. Thanx for a great new broccoli dish!