This is a variation of the ones posted. It makes a large pan but can be easily halfed. For the topping you may want to add the melted butter one stick at a time to your taste...some people think four sticks makes it too buttery.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook broccoli to beginning tender, drain and place in 9x13 pan.
- Place sliced mushrooms over broccoli.
- Place water chestnuts over sliced mushrooms.
- Sprinkle cheese over vegetables.
- Melt margarine/butter.
- Smash crackers and mix with melted margarine/butter.
- Place cracker mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes - 1 hour.