1/2 Photos of Broccoli Rigatoni
As taught to me by my next-door neighbor, a lovely Italian lady who never failed to let me in on her cooking secrets as a child... I like it because it doesn't have an extra step of steaming the broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta (or other shaped pasta)
- 4 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves (minced or pressed)
- 1 1/2-2 lbs broccoli florets, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chiffonaded
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup parmeggiano parmigiano-reggiano cheese (or a blend of parm. and romano, or vegan cheese topping)
- 1Cook pasta according to directions.
- 2Melt butter together with olive oil in large skillet with cover or dutch oven (ideally large enough to hold all of your ingredients together).
- 3Cook garlic until no longer raw, but don't allow to brown. Add broccoli to the pan, constantly stirring, until broccoli is completely coated in the oil and garlic and pan is very hot. Add broth, and immediately cover.
- 4Steam until broccoli is tender. Turn off heat and stir in the fresh basil.
- 5Combine pasta and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper according to taste. Serve topped liberally with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Rigatoni
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.7
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 161.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: