Recipe by what-a-kerfuffle
Easy and quick for a weeknight dinner, especially if you have cooked rice on hand. Using fresh garlic and ginger (rather than powdered) doesn't take too much extra prep time, and gives this recipe a much more complex flavor.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Happily I had cold rice in the fridge, always handy for stirfry! This is a nice easy but good and tasty stirfry. I made as directed, adding some finely sliced peppadews for colour and because I like them :) I used finely sliced spring onions for garnish, and we very much enjoyed this quickly made dinner, thank you Kerfuffle! Made for PAC Spring 2012
- 2 cups broccoli, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 -4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shredded fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more, to taste)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup prepared stir-fry sauce (I use Kikkoman's brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/2 c water. Cover loosely and microwave 7-10 minutes or until mostly cooked.
- In large skillet or wok, heat both oils. Add garlic, ginger, and red pepper; cook about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Do not allow garlic to brown.
- Stir in cooked broccoli and stirfry until cooked to desired doneness. Stir in cooked rice and stir fry sauce. Stir until heated through.