Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe I found on the net that sounded just yummy. Thought I would post it for those of you on the WW diet! When I try it I'll let you know. WW diet or not, it still sounds yummy to me! 3 WW points per serving
- 2 cups water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice, cooked without salt or 3 cups fat
- 6 ounces shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided (1 1/2cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen egg substitute, thawed & divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms, drained
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add broccoli and onion, and then cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8-10 minutes--until vegetables are tender.
- Drain well, and set aside.
- Combine rice, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup egg substitute, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Press evenly over bottoms and up sides of two 9 inch quiche dishes or pie plates coated with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining 1 cup egg substitute, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, milk, mushrooms, and broccoli mixture in a bowl; stir well.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared dishes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from your oven and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I enjoyed this. Healthy and good flavor. I didn't have the egg substitute so I use a real egg. I cut the recipe down to 1 serving and made it in a small bowl coated with baking spray. Popped it in the oven until eggs were done. I made it with another recipe of her's: Ham and picnic bread. Great combonation. Thanks for sharing.
My only change to this recipe was to use fresh mushrooms instead of canned. It's a nice healthy recipe with good flavor. The rice makes it a bit more hearty than your typical quiche. Hubby asked for sausage to be added to it next time - so it looks like this is a keeper! Thanks for sharing love4culinary :)