Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
I found this in a Pilsbury cookbook, one of those by the checkstands in the grocery store. We like this recipe. It is simple but tastes like you spent time cooking it. I chop the broccoli up finer than the recipe says and the kids will eat it too. Sneaky! I also chopped some left over ham I had in the fridge. It was pretty good in there.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (I use 1/2 c because we love onion)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked fresh broccoli, chopped (I chop mine more finely than the recipe says)
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked instant brown rice or 3⁄4 cup white rice, whichever you like
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 and spray a 9 inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large sauce pan, heat milk until very hot but not boiling.
- Meanwhile in small bowl beat eggs and mustard until well blended.
- Add onion, cheese and pimiento and mix well.
- Stir cooked, chopped broccoli and rice into hot milk.
- Slowly add egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Pour into sprayed pan.
- Bake at 350 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.