Recipe by Grace4Gayle
This is a no-guilt version of this French import that won't break the budget. The rice crust is unusual but very yummy. Even my kids love this and I have to make two at a time for my family to get enough.
Top Review by bitch'n kitchen
Well.....I didn't mind it but my family hated it. Even my husband who eats EVERYTHING said he would not eat the left overs. It was accused of bate and switch because it looked good but tasted like rice and eggs which according to my family don't go together.
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh broccoli or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen thawed broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms or 2 1⁄2 ounces canned sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine rice, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, and 1 egg.
- Evenly spread mixture in prepared pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 3 eggs, broccoli, mushrooms, onion and lemon pepper.
- Spread mixture in crust. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheddar evenly over top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place pie plate on wire rack and let set for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 6 wedges.