Recipe by AmberMomOfTwoBoys
I make this casserole frequently for supper because it is cheap, fast, filling and great for kids. It's even good for very young kids who are just beginning to eat table foods. When I was a kid, we would have this as a side dish for holiday dinners, but I make it as a simple supper with crackers or dinner rolls and salad. You can substitute ingredients to fit what you have on hand.
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups Minute Rice (unprepared)
- 1 cup water
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 15 ounces Cheese Whiz
- salt, pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain fat from cooked ground beef.
- In a large bowl, stir ground beef together with all remaining ingredients.
- Dump the entire mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes (give or take) until casserole is bubbly and rice is tender.