Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from one of my co-workers. Its really good, and easy.
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour (all purpose)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, hot cooked
- 1 dash paprika (optional)
- Mix broccoli, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, onion, 2 eggs, flour, and garlic salt.
- Set aside.
- Combine hot cooked rice, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, and 1 egg.
- Spread over bottom& sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Spoon broccoli mixture into the crust and cover with wax paper.
- Microwave on medium high for 10- 13 minutes or until filling is set.
- Let stand covered for 5 minutes and sprinkle with paprika.
This was a great dish for a cold night, very comforting and tasty. I used brown rice which worked fine. Also cooked it in conv.oven for 30 mins as don't have a microwave. Only problem I had was I didn't grease dish and it stuck to the bottom a bit.