Recipe by jo hi
The best and SOOOO easy! Use uncle bens prepared rice to save time. I also use a broccoli/carrot/cauliflower mix and it tastes great! You can also use low fat Cheez whiz!(from Kraft foods cookbook)
Top Review by brinklms
The best broccoli casserole ever. My Great Grandmother used to make this with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner every year. She used cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom. My family continues her tradition since she has passed away.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, well drained
- 1 cup Cheez Whiz
- 1⁄2 cup fresh bread cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir onion in 1 tbsp butter and cook in skillet until soft.
- Add rice, soup, broccoli and cheez whiz;mix lightly.
- Spoon into 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Toss together remaining 1 tablespoons.
- butter, melted, and bread cubes; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.